Wednesday night, SBA & Treasury released new guidelines for PPP Loans. The guidance is in two interim final rules. The first is the Business Loan Program Temporary Changes; Paycheck Protection Program as Amended. This updates the rules for PPP loans for first-time borrowers and provides the changes that were made in the recent legislation. The Second Interim … Continued
Newly Launched COVID-19 Re-Opening Store
We are Here to Help
CTR Payroll Services will continue to monitor all of the latest information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. Please feel free to watch, read, or download any of our existing resources or contact us to request additional information. We have also launched our COVID-19 Re-Opening Store which has all of the tools to keep your business COVID-19 compliant.
We will update these resources as new information becomes available. Be sure to bookmark this page and check back frequently.
This information on this site is for educational and informational purposes. CTR Payroll Services hope these resources prove helpful as we all navigate the unprecedented time, but please note any information on this page should not be construed as legal advice. Please consult your legal counsel for any type of legal advice. Thank you!
Updated: 1/19/2021 6:17PM
COVID-19 NEWS & UPDATES
- 12/30/2020: SBA Provides Rules for Second Draw PPP Loans. Click here.
- 12/30/2020: New COVID Relief Bill. Click here.
- 12/30/2020: FFCRA Leave Extended. Click here.
- 12/10/2020: Pittsburgh Enacts COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave Ordinace. Click here.
- 10/8/2020: SBA and Treasury Department Release Simpler Loan Forgiveness Application for Loans up to $50K. Click here.
- 9/3/2020: IRS and Treasury Issue Guidance on the Payroll Tax Deferral. Click here.
- 8/11/2020: Executive Order Signed August 8th. Click here.
- 8/7/2020: The SBA Issues FAQs Regarding Loan Forgiveness. Click here.
- 7/28/2020: Senate Releases COVID19- Relief Proposal. Click here.
- 6/17/2020: SBA and Department of Treasury Release New Loan Forgiveness Applications. Click here.
- 6/10/2020: New PPP Loan Report & Legislative Update. Click here.
- 6/5/2020: New PPP Loan Report & Legislative Update. Click here
- 5/29/2020: House Votes to Loosen Restrictions on PPP Loan Forgiveness. Click here
- 5/21/2020: AICPA provides Loan Forgiveness Calculator for New PPP Loan Application. Click here
- 5/18/2020: SBA Clarifies Rules for PPP Loan Forgiveness. Click here
- 5/13/2020: SBA Publishes New Guidance Regarding Certifications of Necessity for PPP Loans. Click here
- 5/3/2020: Employee Retention Tax Credit FAQs. Click here.
- 4/21/2020: White House, Congress Approve Replenishment for Paycheck Protection Program. Click here.
- 4/20/2020: IRS Issues FAQs on Tax Credits for Virus Paid-Leave Program. Click here.
- 4/17/2020: 100 Payroll Tax and Fringe Benefit Questions for the IRS on COVID-19 Measures. Click here.
- 4/15/2020: Main Street Lending Facility Stipulations. Click here.
- 4/15/2020: Federal Reserve Main Street Lending Program Overview. Click here.
- 4/15/2020: IRS portal to check the status of your Economic Impact Check. Click here.
- 4/14/2020: What to do when an employee tests positive for COVID-19. Click here.
- 4/13/2020: IRS Clarifications Regarding Deferral of Employment Tax Deposits. Click here.
- 4/13/2020: PA Begins implementing new federal unemployment benefits. Click here.
- 4/8/2020: Clarifications from the Treasury Department Regarding PPP Loans. Click here.
- 4/3/2020: SBA Guidance on Paycheck Protection Program. Click here.
- 4/1/2020: Q&A on Stimulus Checks, Unemployment and the Coronavirus Plan. Click here.
- 3/31/2020: IRS Issues Guidance including FAQs on COVID-19 Related Tax Credits Required for Paid Leave. Click here.
- 3/31/2020: IRS Issues Guidance on the Employee Retention Credit under the Cares Act. Click here.
- 3/30/2020: Download our Summary of the CARES Act’s Key Provisions for Business here.
- 3/30/2020: US Chamber of Commerce Small Businesses Guide and Checklist for Coronavirus Emergency Loans. Download here.
- 3/29/2020: White House extends federal social distancing guidelines until April 30th. Read more here.
- 3/27/2020: Trump signs $2.2 Trillion COVID-19 stimulus into law: Read more here.
- 3/26/2020: Governor Wolf announces financial assistance for small businesses. PIDA Website has more details here.
- 3/25/2020: DOL Paid Sick Leave Employee Rights Poster
- 3/25/2020: On Tuesday, March 24, the Department of Labor (DOL) announced that the effective date of the leaves available through the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) will be April 1, 2020.
- 3/24/2020: Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers
Treasury Department & Small Business Administration Updates
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Application Form Click Here
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Application Form Instructions Click Here
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Form EZ Click Here
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Form EZ Instructions Click Here
IRS and Department of Labor Resources for COVID-19
- IRS FAQs on Tax Credits for FFCRA Paid Leave. Read More »
- IRS FAQs for COVID -19 Employee Retention Tax Credit Read More »
- DOL Fact Sheet for Employees Read More »
- DOL Fact Sheet for Employers Read More »
- DOL Questions and Answers for COVID-19 Emergency Paid Leave and Extended FMLA Leave Read More »
Submit COVID-19 Questions
We know during this time, you may have some questions. Please do not hesitate to submit any that you may have!
Please fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you ASAP!
COVID-19 HR SUPPORT RESOURCES
We understand that many payroll and HR administrators are being asked to interpret newly acted legislation and make crucial compliance decisions within a matter of days. To assist our customers, CTR is offering our HR Support Center to our customers free of charge.
This resource center offers legislative updates, sample forms, and additional guidance to assist you through this trying time. Use the links below to Access our HR Resource Center or to receive your free login!
Upcoming CTR Webinars Regarding COVID-19
Check Back Soon!
Past CTR Webinars Regarding COVID-19
Consolidated Appropriations Act, Part II WebinarDownload PDF!
Consolidated Appropriations Act WebinarDownload PDF!
COVID-19 Legislative Wrap-UpDownload PDF!
PPP Loan Forgiveness Report & Completing Your Application 9/10/2020More Webinars
Your Most Pressing HR Questions Answered, Round III 8/28/2020More Webinars
Legislative Update: What We Know Now 8/19/2020More Webinars
Risk & Litigation in a COVID-19 Work Environment 7/30/2020More Webinars
Maintaining Employee Engagement During COVID-19 & Beyond 7/21/2020More Webinars
Updated CTR CARES PPP Loan Forgiveness ReportDOWNLOAD PDF
PPP Forgiveness Update 6/23/2020DOWNLOAD PDF
Understanding the New PPP Loan Forgiveness ApplicationDOWNLOAD PDF
iSolved Did You Know Series: Reporting, Special COVID-19 EditionDOWNLOAD PDF
COVID-19 Legislative Update & Town HallDOWNLOAD PDF
Streamline Your Business Opening: Returning to Work WebinarDOWNLOAD PDF
COVID-19 Industry Spotlight: Non-ProfitMore Webinars
COVID-19 Industry Spotlight: HealthcareMore Webinars
iSolved 6.6 Release & COVID-19 UpdatesDownload PDF
Paycheck Protection Program Loan ForgivenessDownload PDF
COVID-19 Industry Spotlight: Food & BeverageMore Webinars
Managing Employees through a PandemicDownload PDF
CARES Act Tax Credit Playbook and How-To’sDownload PDF
HR Management in iSolved: COVID-19 EditionDownload PDF
Tracking FFCRA Leave within iSolved Part IIDownload PDF
COVID-19: COBRA, ACA, and Benefits Q&ADownload PDF
COVID-19: Your HR Questions AnsweredDownload PDF
CARES Act Overview: Hear From the ExpertsDownload PDF
FFCRA Requirements Compliance w/ iSolvedDownload PDF
How to Communicate Paid Sick Leave/FMLA RequirementsDownload PDF
COVID-19: How Your Business Needs to AdaptDownload PDF
Sample Letters, Forms & Policies
Below are a list of various document templates to help you communicate any pertinent information to your employees:
- Employers Guide to WARN
- Notice of Furlough (COVID-19)
- Notice of Layoff
- Notice of Temporary Layoff
- Essential Business Letter for Employees
- Work from Home Agreement
- Acknowledgement of Receipt of Company Property & Financial Obligation Form
- Notice of Reduced Earnings
- Sample Work from Home Policy
- FFCRA – FMLA Child Leave
- FFCRA – Emergency Sick Leave
HR & Compliance for COVID-19
Business & Operations
Western Pennsylvania Health Insurance Updates & FAQs
Click on link to download PDFs
Global and National COVID-19 Resources
COVID-19 Updates for Pennsylvania and Ohio
COVID-19 Resources for Employees
CTR Blog Articles, Downloads, and Other Resources
A new $900 billion coronavirus relief bill has become law and answers the question of whether federal Emergency Paid Sick Leave (EPSL) and Emergency Family and Medical Leave (EFMLA) will be extended. The answer is yes, but it’s an option, not a requirement. Here’s what employers need to know: Offering EPSL and EFMLA after December … Continued
On Monday, December 21st, the Senate and House of Representatives passed the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, the second COVID-19 relief bill since the CARES Act in March. Full text of the bill is available here. The $900 billion bill provides $600 stimulus payments to individuals, adds $300 to extended weekly unemployment benefits, and provides more … Continued
On December 9th Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto signed a Temporary COVID-19 Emergency Paid Sick Leave Ordinance. This gives certain workers in the city an additional 80 hours of paid sick time taking effect immediately. Pittsburgh employers with at least 50 employees must make the maximum amount of paid leave available to eligible employees in addition to … Continued
This month The U.S. Small Business Administration, in consultation with the Treasury Department, released a simpler loan forgiveness application for Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans of $50,000 or less. This action streamlines the PPP forgiveness process to provide financial and administrative relief to America’s smallest businesses while also ensuring sound stewardship of taxpayer dollars. Please see … Continued
On Tuesday the Small Business Administration released a sheet of FAQs regarding PPP Loan Forgiveness. The FAQs are very detailed and provide much needed clarification on a host of topics including calculating owner’s compensation, payroll costs, group health benefits, and loan forgiveness reductions. The SBA also includes specific calculation examples and scenarios to help illustrate … Continued
As always, we’re keeping you abreast of the all the updates coming out of Washington regarding COVID-19 relief and PPP. After much anticipation, the Senate has released its latest effort on these efforts. A summary of the proposal is below. While this is nowhere near a finalized piece of legislature, it’s a jumping off point … Continued
The PPP Flexibility Act (PPPFA) was signed into law by President Trump on January 5, 2020. Today the SBA and Department of Treasury have announced the publication of their 19th Interim Final Rule. Additionally, the SBA and the Department of Treasury have published a revised full loan forgiveness application and a more simplified EZ Version for businesses … Continued
As promised, below you will find instructions for Phase 2 of the PPP Loan Forgiveness Report. Additionally, Trump just signed into law the PPP Flexibility Act of 2020. The full legislative text can be found here. The legislation amends and expands the Cares Act provisions related to PPP Loan Forgiveness. Below are some of the key points: … Continued