The SBA has finally released the detailed PPP Loan Forgiveness Application. You can find the SBA Application here. Below are some clarifications and highlights. Some of the key items clarified include: The creation of a new Alternate Covered Period allowing employers to align their 8 Week Period with the beginning of the next Pay Period following … Continued
Here to Help
CTR Payroll Services will continue to monitor all of the latest information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. Please feel free to watch, read, or download any of our existing resources or contact us to request additional information.
We will update these resources as new information becomes available. Be sure to bookmark this page and check back frequently.
This information on this site is for educational and informational purposes. CTR Payroll Services hope these resources prove helpful as we all navigate the unprecedented time, but please note any information on this page should not be construed as legal advice. Please consult your legal counsel for any type of legal advice. Thank you!
Updated: 5/21/2020 5:48pm
COVID-19 NEWS & UPDATES
- 5/21/2020: AICPA provides Loan Forgiveness Calculator for New PPP Loan Application. Click here
- 5/18/2020: SBA Clarifies Rules for PPP Loan Forgiveness. Click here
- 5/13/2020: SBA Publishes New Guidance Regarding Certifications of Necessity for PPP Loans. Click here
- 5/3/2020: Employee Retention Tax Credit FAQs. Click here.
- 4/21/2020: White House, Congress Approve Replenishment for Paycheck Protection Program. Click here.
- 4/20/2020: IRS Issues FAQs on Tax Credits for Virus Paid-Leave Program. Click here.
- 4/17/2020: 100 Payroll Tax and Fringe Benefit Questions for the IRS on COVID-19 Measures. Click here.
- 4/15/2020: Main Street Lending Facility Stipulations. Click here.
4/15/2020: Federal Reserve Main Street Lending Program Overview. Click here.
- 4/15/2020: IRS portal to check the status of your Economic Impact Check. Click here.
- 4/14/2020: What to do when an employee tests positive for COVID-19. Click here.
- 4/13/2020: IRS Clarifications Regarding Deferral of Employment Tax Deposits. Click here.
- 4/13/2020: PA Begins implementing new federal unemployment benefits. Click here.
- 4/8/2020: Clarifications from the Treasury Department Regarding PPP Loans. Click here.
- 4/3/2020: SBA Guidance on Paycheck Protection Program.
- 4/1/2020: Q&A on Stimulus Checks, Unemployment and the Coronavirus Plan. Click here.
- 3/31/2020: IRS Issues Guidance including FAQs on COVID-19 Related Tax Credits Required for Paid Leave. Click here.
- 3/31/2020: IRS Issues Guidance on the Employee Retention Credit under the Cares Act. Click here.
- 3/30/2020: Download our Summary of the CARES Act’s Key Provisions for Business here.
- 3/30/2020: US Chamber of Commerce Small Businesses Guide and Checklist for Coronavirus Emergency Loans. Download here.
- 3/29/2020: White House extends federal social distancing guidelines until April 30th. Read more here.
- 3/27/2020: Trump signs $2.2 Trillion COVID-19 stimulus into law: Read more here.
- 3/26/2020: Governor Wolf announces financial assistance for small businesses. PIDA Website has more details here.
- 3/25/2020: DOL Paid Sick Leave Employee Rights Poster
- 3/25/2020: On Tuesday, March 24, the Department of Labor (DOL) announced that the effective date of the leaves available through the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) will be April 1, 2020.
- 3/24/2020: Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers
Treasury Department & Small Business Administration Updates
- Paycheck Protection Program Overview Read More »
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQs Read More »
- SBA Interim Final Rule (4/2/2020) Read More »
- SBA Affiliation Rule (4/3/2020) Read More »
- Interim Final Rule on Additional Eligibility Criteria and Requirements for Certain Pledges of Loans (4/14/2020) Read More »
- Interim Final Rule on Requirements for Promissory Notes, Authorizations, Affiliation, and Eligibility (4/24/2020) Read More »
- Interim Final Rule on Additional Criterion for Seasonal Employers (4/28/2020) Read More »
- Interim Final Rule on Disbursements (4/28/2020) Read More »
IRS and Department of Labor Resources for COVID-19
- IRS FAQs on Employee Retention Tax Credit. Read More »
- IRS Issues FAQs on Tax Credits for Virus Paid-Leave Program. Read More »
- IRS FAQs for COVID -19 Employee Retention Tax Credit Read More »
- IRS FAQs on COVID-19 Related Tax Credits Required for Paid Leave Read More »
- DOL Fact Sheet for Employees Read More »
- DOL Fact Sheet for Employers Read More »
- DOL Questions and Answers for COVID-19 Emergency Paid Leave and Extended FMLA Leave Read More »
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
We know during this time, you may have some questions. We have answered the most common questions and hope you’ll write in to ask yours as well!
Yes, but keep it specific to COVID-19. Again, you are only permitted to ask questions regarding the symptoms of COVID-19.
The employee should talk to their healthcare provider. The decision to discontinue home isolation precautions should be made on a case-by-case basis, in consultation with healthcare providers and state and local health departments. Be aware, the 14-day rule surrounding quarantine is guidance for those individuals who have been exposed and should not be used as a determining factor for returning to work.
The CDC and EEOC are stating that yes, you can take temperatures and ask about employee health upon arrival during this pandemic. However, be certain you are only asking if the employee is experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms and nothing else.
Yes, as long as there is no legitimate threat and they don’t require an accommodation. If you are in an area of significant transmission, another employee at work has been out due to COVID-19 or they’re in a high-risk group or live with a high risk individual, accommodation should be granted.
Don’t see an answer to your question? Fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you ASAP!
COVID-19 HR SUPPORT RESOURCES
We understand that many payroll and HR administrators are being asked to interpret newly acted legislation and make crucial compliance decisions within a matter of days. To assist our customers, CTR is offering our HR Support Center to our customers free of charge.
This resource center offers legislative updates, sample forms, and additional guidance to assist you through this trying time. Use the links below to Access our HR Resource Center or to receive your free login!
Upcoming CTR Webinars Regarding COVID-19
Check Back Soon!
Past CTR Webinars Regarding COVID-19
Understanding the New PPP Loan Forgiveness ApplicationDOWNLOAD PDF
iSolved Did You Know Series: Reporting, Special COVID-19 EditionDOWNLOAD PDF
COVID-19 Legislative Update & Town HallDOWNLOAD PDF
Streamline Your Business Opening: Returning to Work WebinarDOWNLOAD PDF
COVID-19 Industry Spotlight: Non-ProfitMore Webinars
COVID-19 Industry Spotlight: HealthcareMore Webinars
iSolved 6.6 Release & COVID-19 UpdatesDownload PDF
Paycheck Protection Program Loan ForgivenessDownload PDF
COVID-19 Industry Spotlight: Food & BeverageMore Webinars
Managing Employees through a PandemicDownload PDF
CARES Act Tax Credit Playbook and How-To’sDownload PDF
HR Management in iSolved: COVID-19 EditionDownload PDF
Tracking FFCRA Leave within iSolved Part IIDownload PDF
COVID-19: COBRA, ACA, and Benefits Q&ADownload PDF
COVID-19: Your HR Questions AnsweredDownload PDF
CARES Act Overview: Hear From the ExpertsDownload PDF
FFCRA Requirements Compliance w/ iSolvedDownload PDF
How to Communicate Paid Sick Leave/FMLA RequirementsDownload PDF
COVID-19: How Your Business Needs to AdaptDownload PDF
Sample Letters, Forms & Policies
Below are a list of various document templates to help you communicate any pertinent information to your employees:
- Employers Guide to WARN
- Notice of Furlough (COVID-19)
- Notice of Layoff
- Notice of Temporary Layoff
- Essential Business Letter for Employees
- Work from Home Agreement
- Acknowledgement of Receipt of Company Property & Financial Obligation Form
- Notice of Reduced Earnings
- Sample Work from Home Policy
- FFCRA – FMLA Child Leave
- FFCRA – Emergency Sick Leave
HR & Compliance for COVID-19
Business & Operations
Western Pennsylvania Health Insurance Updates & FAQs
Click on link to download PDFs
Global and National COVID-19 Resources
COVID-19 Updates for Pennsylvania and Ohio
COVID-19 Resources for Employees
CTR Blog Articles, Downloads, and Other Resources
SBA Clarifies Today that Employers with Less Than 2 Million Will be Deemed to have Made a Good Faith Certification for the Necessity of the Loan. The SBA updated its FAQs today adding a new safe harbor for small businesses that received a PPP Loan with proceeds that are less than $2 Million. FAQ 42 … Continued
Whether you’re operating an essential business where employees are still showing up for work or managing a remote staff, the fact is there a very real possibility that an employee tests positive for COVID-19. In either case, it is important that your organization react quickly, appropriately, and always remain in compliance of local, state, and federal laws.